Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Well...

Well, perhaps I do have something to write, even if nobody's reading. After all, most blogs are read-only so why should this one be any different?

Lately, I've been playing a lot of go (also known as igo, weiqi, and baduk). Being relatively new to the game, I am not very good. I'm playing at the KGS and IGS-PandaNet go servers where I have 21k and 22k ranks, respectively. I've read a couple books by an american professional named Janice Kim and they've certainly helped create some sort of foundation for my game. In the end, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

As a side project, being a programmer, I wrote some software that generates html statistics pages and graphs for my IGS account. I enjoy this functionality from the KGS account so I wanted to duplicate (or improve) it for my IGS account. I've found myself playing there quite a bit now that the Cho Chikun Judan Cup marathon tournament is running. Here is my resulting graph:

frankiii's IGS Rating Graph

For now, until I get authorization, I am not going to allow for other users to generate their own graphs. Hopefully that will soon change.

1 comment:

hanayeol said...

invite you to my baduk blog
http://hanayeol.blogspot.com