Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sandbagging My Way to 1 Dan

I've been sandbagged again. And I feel fine!

Sure, I lost by 77.5 points against a 22k with barely 600 IGS-PandaNet rating points but, gosh darn it, people like me. I learned a bit, enjoyed the game, and I'm 150 points closer to 1d. ;)

What more could I ask for?

Anyway, tangential words for the wise. If you're just looking for a close game and you're a 20-22k goon like me:

* avoid 22k players from Japan with ~600 rating points and gobs of games played :) :)
* avoid BC players with gobs of wins
* don't use the seek function ... you'll probably end up playing an aforementioned BC player

Otherwise, go for it. As Peter wisely pointed out to me, if they're willing to play the game, take advantage of the learning experience.

No comments: